People drove and bussed in from many communities around the province. Along with a variety of speakers, the rally featured a few different musical groups: A rock band who’s name I didn’t catch, Edmonton’s Raging Grannies, and Notre Dame des Bananes.
I didn’t post everything from the rally, but here is what I did put up:
- Diana Gibson, researcher.
- Raging Grannies speak on “Two Doors to Healthcare”.
- Jan Buterman, transgendered Albertans and access to gender reassignment surgery (GRS).
- Brian Mason, Alberta NDP leader.
- Hugh MacDonald, Alberta Liberal MLA.
- David Eggen, executive director of Friends of Medicare, presents a petition to the Legislature.
- Edmonton’s Raging Grannies
- We Shall Not be Moved, sung by everybody at the end of the rally.