The anti-choice folks have been hard at work trying to take away women’s rights to make their own reproductive choices, and are currently in the lead with the top wish being anti-choice.
The current second place wish is pro-choice, and I strongly encourage you to support it: “I wish that Canada would remain pro-choice.”
Voting ends on Saturday, June 30, 2007.
More Wishes to Support
Some additional progressive wishes I encourage you to support (supporting multiple wishes is a good thing - it’s not zero-sum voting):
- Proportional representation.
- Say NO to the North American Union.
- Lower the Voting age.
- Electing more women in Canada.
- Term Limits for All Elected Offices.
- I wish Canadians would buy local and support our local farmers.
- The Classy Choice (an end to the class system).
- Canadians Who Wish for Economics at the Service of People Not Profits.
- Better Transit, Less Pollution.
- Canada must be involved with the Kyoto treaty 100%.
- Sustainable Urban Design.
- The real solution to high gas prices: A comprehensive transit network.
- Help put an End to Global Warming.
- Solar powered clothesdriers for all.
- I wish Canadians would trade in their cars for bikes.
- Canada going Green.
- Honour its Treaties with First Nations.
- Aboriginal Land Rights.
- More Cultural Support for the First Nations People of Canada.
- Canadians support and embrace the diverse aboriginal cultures of this land.
Gender & rights
- Canada should keep ABORTIONS and GAY MARRIAGE Legal!.
- I wish same sex marriages will continue to be legal in Canada.
- Canada should Stay PRO-CHOICE.
- End ALL Violence Against Women NOW!.
- Abolish the Patriarchy!.
- I wish Canada would do more to help Darfur.
- Canadian Troops Out Of Afghanistan!.
- Make poverty history.
- Canada Should Promote Peace, Not War.
- Establish A Department of Peace within the Canadian Government.
- Turn the Canadian Military into a Peace-keeping only force.
- Canada as a Force for Good in the World.
Poverty & housing
- Get rid of homelessness.
- Thriving Housing Co-ops, Cohousing, Non-profit Housing, Eco-Villages, etc..
- I wish there is affordable housing for everyone living in Canada.
Update: The Tyee has an article about the CBC’s Wish List: Is CBC’s New Populism Perverted?